Why Is My Gum Swollen Around One Tooth?
Swollen Gum Around Tooth
Gum recession affects around 80% of American citizens, according to the Mayo Clinic’s website. Imagine 8 out of 10 people you know personally are affected. It is an issue that may cause tooth decay. Some believe that Gum Disease also causes more severe health problems because it creates a bacterial path to enter the body.
DO you know someone who comes back from the dentist’s clinic after they were told that they needed a root planning and scaling or needed to visit a dentist because they had Gum Recession? This scenario frequently occurs in dentists’ clinics. So, what’s going on?
Why does someone suddenly get a gum recession? The answer is that you probably did not ‘suddenly’ get it. Most likely, you have been silently exercising your evil in that person’s life for a long time. This person has been getting ‘long on the tooth’ for many years. It is a gum recession, and it goes hand-in-hand with gum recession. Click Here To Know More About Why Is My Gum Swollen Around One Tooth?
But why did not you tell me about it before?
Now that I have paid attention to the people’s gum health when they speak, I can see red and swollen gums even in young people. I have read from a dental physician who states that maybe around 75 percent and 95 percent of people have gum recession. Why?
Many will continue to develop gum recession for those who care for their teeth by brushing and flossing every day. Why is this happening?
Consider the nature of eating. Our teeth are designed to mash or crush food in the process of mastication (eating). All that force it takes to break our food into digestible, small pieces will probably grind many food particles against gums and teeth. A thin, sticky substance called plaque can begin to form at that point. The plaque provides a nifty anaerobic environment for bacteria that cause the life, growth, and reproduction of gum recession.
Plaque may harden into a substance known as tartar. Tartar provides the best environment for bacteria to thrive in. Flossing and brushing are not sufficient to avoid plaque or tartar build-up. They are eliminating those substances, maybe even more complicated. Many dentists claim that tartar can only be eliminated with professional cleaning. It may very well be one reason why the Mayo Clinic’s website states around 80 percent of Americans suffer from this disease.
Home Remedy For Swollen Gum Around One Tooth
Prevention of Gum Recession
Gum recession is one of the main reasons for tooth decay in adults. Gum recession does not only impact dental health. Gum disease is also related to heart disease and heart attacks. The ADA has recognized that the toxins in the mouth related to gum disease may finally cause heart issues or diseases like blocked arteries and heart attacks.
Gum recession is the gum inflammation around the teeth, and regular visits or checkups to your dental physician is the best protection against gum recession. The ADA said maintaining proper dental care is the best way to prevent gum disease and other dental ailments or issues. Maintaining good oral care takes effort; this is why many people suffer from gum recession because they do not pay sufficient attention to dental care and have poor oral care. Here are some of the best ways to prevent gum disease:
* Flossing and brushing the teeth very carefully and often avoids any plaque and tartar build-up on the teeth. Tartar is probably the main reason for gum disease. Prevention plaque build-up is the same as the prevention of gum disease. Flossing the teeth daily also is a good way to protect from gum disease because flossing is the best way to eliminate plaque between the teeth that are out of reach of the toothbrush. Furthermore, using toothpaste with fluoride provides extra protection against cavities.
* Use mouthwash. Rinsing your mouth with an anti-bacterial mouthwash provide extra protection against plaque. Hydrogen Peroxide based mouth wash is recommended. If you already have gum disease, don’t use alcohol-based mouthwash because alcohol-based mouthwash can worsen your gum disease condition.
Swollen Gum Around One Tooth No Pain
* Chewing gums are better for helping the dental cleaning between the teeth. Chewing gums are good for cleaning and eliminating particles.
* Regular visit to the dental physician for regular checkups is also one of the best ways of preventing gum disease. Dental checkups are used to monitor a person’s oral care and the bone’s level around the teeth. Dental checkups also help identify the initial stages of gum diseases and monitor gum disease treatment progress.
Prevention is one of the best treatments for any issue or disease. Proper oral care such as brushing at least 2 times daily, using dental floss daily is a good way of avoiding gum disease. Make it a routine to visit your dental physician for regular dental checkups and cleanings. Visit your dental physician at least one time every 6 months.
Here are some of the basic home treatments for gum disease:
* Essential oils may be used.
* It is important to gargle two times a day using a home-made saline solution, adding a pinch of salt in a little hot water. It can decrease the inflammation in the mouth.
* Rub the gums with clove oil or hold a clove in your mouth.
* You may also use an anti-bacterial mouth wash to decrease the swelling of the gums.
* Use an oral wash based on peppermint, sage oil, chamomile tincture. – – – – Use a toothpaste based on sage oil or peppermint oil.
* You should take vegetables and fruits.
* Prevent hard foods.
* Avoid eating hot and spicy foods.
* Use a diet containing many vitamin C and fibers.
* Don’t take soft drinks and syrups. Eat fewer pastries and chocolates.
* You can prepare Triphala decoction and gargle with it.
* Take about two parts of white oak powder, 1 part of myrrh powder, 3⁄4 quarters of mint leaf powder, 1/8 part of clove powder. Crush them together and store them in an air-tight jar. Take a tbsp of this powder 2 times a daily. Hold the contents in the mouth and rub it on the affected area.
You can gargle using 3 percent hydrogen peroxide solution, that should be mixed with water to keep the mouth clean.
* Dip your finger in baking soda and water and rub on the affected area, then brush with herbal toothpaste. Sodium bicarbonate neutralizes acidity.
* Aloe Vera is also very good.
* Get a lot of calcium in both food and as a supplement.
* Smoking gets worse the problem.
Red Swollen Gum Around One Tooth
* A few essential oils have powerful healing properties. Like lemon or orange, peppermint or citrus oils are especially helpful for their anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties. You can make a cleaning solution for your gums and teeth and search for all the natural dental care products already produced. Another benefit of organic products is preventing the possibly harmful ingredients in commercially available toothpaste. Rub the gums with clove oil and hold a fingernail in the mouth on the affected area. Clove oil is antiseptic and decreases pain. You may use mouthwash or toothpaste containing sage, peppermint oil, or menthol.
* You may make your mouthwash by adding a pinch of salt and turmeric powder to a cup of hot water. Use this solution to gargle at least 2 times daily. Salt may help to kill bacteria in the mouth. Turmeric is anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help deflate the gums. A disadvantage of using turmeric is that it leaves yellow spots on the teeth.
* Baking soda neutralizes the acid released by bacterial in the mouth. Take the baking soda, mix it with water, and apply it along the gum line with your finger. It strengthens tooth enamel and neutralizes acids, making the gums less susceptible to damage by bacterial.
Conclusion on natural treatments for gingival issues
Take care of our mouth is difficult. There is no need to brush the oral cavity a million times daily to avoid gum disease. You should make sure you use the toothbrush at least 2 times a day and use mouthwash.